OpenCL, the open-source standard for programming heterogeneous computing systems – aka CPU/GPU mashups – has reached version 1.2 with the ratification and public release of its latest specification documentation. "The OpenCL working group is listening carefully to feedback from the developer and middleware community to provide …
so what uses it?
as the title says… OS X supposedly supports OpenCL but I don't think I've ever come across a program that uses it yet. anyone got any tips?
DirectX and 'Open' in the same statement
Wasn't OpenCL supposed to be cross-platform?
I must have missed something.
Does anyone know the correct approach for *implementing* OpenCL on a piece of HW? Rather than just using an existing OpenCL implementation.
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- I KNOW how to SAVE Microsoft. Give Windows 8 away for FREE – analyst
- Special Report How Britain could have invented the iPhone: And how the Quangocracy cocked it up