Feeds

back to article Skinny 15in MacBook Pro launch tied to Intel 'Ivy Bridge'

Apple may release the previously rumoured ultra-thin 15in MacBook Pro in Q2 2012, if claims that component makers have begun sending it sample parts for the machine are true. Air or Pro? The machine's branding isn't known, and since the kit will be same no matter what it's called, the moniker doesn't really matter. Expect an …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

Bet the MacBook Pro will be rocking a gorgeous 1920x1200 display, while the Acer 'Ultrabook' staggers along at 1280x800 still. Intel Ultrabook manufacturers just don't seem to be getting how important the screen is. And no, I'm not an Apple fanboy, and if I did get a MacBook Pro I'd likely be replacing MacOS with linux, but still, gotta appreciate their hardware and build quality...

Doubtful...

Given the current 15 incher has a 1440x900 display and it has been that way for a while, I doubt they will go to 1920x1200.

Anyway, screw the resolution, I can live with 1280x800 too, just give me an IPS panel with good brightness/contrast and uniformity/colour reproduction.

The resolution is less important to me personally so long as it is not TOO low.

Silver badge
WTF?

1366*768

1366*768 is perfect for me. I'm quite happy to pay 20% of the apple equivalent product price "stagger along" with this resolution. Apple don't get how important the price is.

This topic is closed for new posts.