For the first time since the Top 500 rankings of supercomputers was started back in 1993, the top 10 machines on the list are ranked in exactly the same order as they were in the list six months ago. But the HPC racket is set to explode, with multi-petaflops machines in the works using new processors and GPU coprocessors. You …
Just in case...
Just in case Fujitsu's Super K machine decides to march out of the lab and take over the world. they've penned it in with some traffic cones and stripey tape.
John Major should be proud at his place in halting the march of our cyber-overlords
Fortunately, for the foreseeable future existence of mankind, the development of robotic limbs is as far behind the advancements in computational power as artificial intelligence.
"homegrown massively parallel machines based on MIPS and Alpha derivatives "
MIPS I'll accept.
But, as for Alpha: "citation needed".
- Does Apple's iOS 7 make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Hands on Satisfy my scroll: El Reg gets claws on Windows 8.1 spring update