Researchers have discovered malware circulating in the wild that uses a private signing certificate belonging to the Malaysian government to bypass warnings many operating systems and security software display when end users attempt to run untrusted applications. The stolen certificate belongs to the Malaysian Agricultural …
"quite some time ago."
So these Malaysian authorities *knew this* yet kept mum and didn't revoke the thing?
Well, let's see how quickly mozilla, google, and micros~1 summarily drop them from their CA collections.
Yup, this is most hilarious statement I read in press today.
The sad part is that we have no choice but *still* keep using PKI.
the internet was nice while it lasted
All the king's horses and all the king's men could certify anything ever again
So what cert is that?
If I dump it, will it be back on the next update??
Will this go on forever???
- iPad? More like iFAD: Now we know why Apple ran off to IBM
- Apple orders huge MOUNTAIN of 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're building ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – on PCs, slabs and mobes