The hardware configurations for the 2011 SC Student Cluster Competition in Seattle have been released, and there are quite a few surprises. First, the most surprising surprise: the University of Texas Longhorn team has brought the first liquid cooled system to the big dance. They’ve teamed up with Green Revolution to put …
Open source must have reminded Team Russia too much of communism, so they got their friendly neighbourhood software vendor to spare them the $925 license fee.
I'm sure I read somewhere that there are problems with completely immersing boards for cooling purposes - I think because you get localised micro-hotspots where the oil cannot flow out of easily because of its viscosity and it overheats. Air cooling isn't a problem in this case - it can get in and out of small space easily.
Could be wrong. Good luck to them anyway.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM