Apple's iPhone 4S launch in Hong Kong was marred by scuffles, scalpers and the turning away of over 2,000 wannabe customers, according to local reports. The launch of the not-quite-the-iPhone 5 had generated pandemonium in the territory, as Apple had just opened its first store there, giving the Hong Kongers their first …
For a crappy phone!?!
No, for money.
Read the article.
How long did they have to wait for to generate 90 quid? Surely there are better ways to make money.
For the Ruperts and Nigellas out there...
I hate to break it to you, but there are people out there for whom $HK1100 is a decent couple of days work. I heart some of them even take public transport!
Maybe you should become a professional queuer instead of actually contributing to society then.
and the Hypnotoad, obviously
So what would happen if I say Steve's name 5 times? Will that invoke a curse and he'll come back to haunt me in typical Candyman fashion?
Jobs comes back from the dead
...and wins a Patent on your name.
"security guards snapping pics of queuers who wanted to leave the line"
But, don't they all look th- ...never mind.
Politically incorrect, amusing, brilliant :)
Why not just order online?
Why didn't they think of that? The working classes are so thick! Daddy will laugh when you tell him!
- Tricked by satire? Get all your news from Facebook? You're in luck, dummy
- Google straps on Jetpac: An app to find hipsters, women in foreign cities
- Updated Microsoft Azure goes TITSUP (Total Inability To Support Usual Performance)
- The Return of BSOD: Does ANYONE trust Microsoft patches?
- Munich considers dumping Linux for ... GULP ... Windows!