If there was a reason that Cray CEO Peter Ungaro, who formerly ran IBM's high performance computing biz, was a little extra perky when the company announced its third quarter financials two weeks ago, it was not just because the SC11 supercomputing trade show was coming to Cray's hometown of Seattle this week. Or that Advanced …
does a shopping centre need a $188m super-computer?
Seems a glut of super-news recently.
I am glad that SPARC did deliver, at least.
What did the scouter say
about the number of wires it takes to link it all together?
The storage interconnect will be gemini based like the rest of the machine and storage will be on the new Sonexion 1600 based storage
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire