If there was a reason that Cray CEO Peter Ungaro, who formerly ran IBM's high performance computing biz, was a little extra perky when the company announced its third quarter financials two weeks ago, it was not just because the SC11 supercomputing trade show was coming to Cray's hometown of Seattle this week. Or that Advanced …
does a shopping centre need a $188m super-computer?
Seems a glut of super-news recently.
I am glad that SPARC did deliver, at least.
What did the scouter say
about the number of wires it takes to link it all together?
The storage interconnect will be gemini based like the rest of the machine and storage will be on the new Sonexion 1600 based storage
- World's OLDEST human DNA found in leg bone – but that's not the only boning going on...
- Lightning strikes USB bosses: Next-gen jacks will be REVERSIBLE
- Pics Brit inventors' GRAVITY POWERED LIGHT ships out after just 1 year
- Storagebod Oh no, RBS has gone titsup again... but is it JUST BAD LUCK?
- Two million TERRIBLE PASSWORDS stolen by malware attackers