A group of researchers at RMIT University in Melbourne has unveiled what they say is the country’s first truck to be powered by hydrogen fuel cells. Since road transport – including the outback monsters that terrified participants and followers alike in the recent solar challenge race – accounts for an estimated 20 percent of …
Hydrongen isn't a fuel, it is a battery
Until someone finds some hydrogen mines, or pipes some in from space, hydrogen is a way to store energy made from other fuels, or collected from renewable generation like solar and wind.
To get hydrogen you have to put energy in. That energy comes from somewhere.
So, it is really a race in battery technology between hydrogen fuel cells and the alternative battery technologies.
And if you make your hydrogen from electricity generated by a coal fired power plant, guess what- it ain't green folks!
- Updated Zucker punched: Google gobbles Facebook-wooed Titan Aerospace
- Elon Musk's LEAKY THRUSTER gas stalls Space Station supply run
- Android engineer: We DIDN'T copy Apple OR follow Samsung's orders
- Pics Audio fans, prepare yourself for the Second Coming ... of Blu-ray
- Microsoft: Windows version you probably haven't upgraded to yet is ALREADY OBSOLETE