The US National Center for Atmospheric Research has fallen behind in the race for more powerful parallel supercomputers, and it needs a petaflops-class machine to run its weather and climate modeling simulations. The only trouble is, there's no power at its Boulder, Colorado facility to juice up such a behemoth. And so, NCAR is …
- Apple stuns world with rare SEVEN-way split: What does that mean?
- Special report Reg probe bombshell: How we HACKED mobile voicemail without a PIN
- RIP net neutrality? FCC boss mulls 'two-speed internet'
- Sony Xperia Z2: 4K vid, great audio, waterproof ... Oh, and you can make a phone call
- Pic Tooled-up Ryobi girl takes nine-inch grinder to Asus beach babe