Dutch scientists have reported building a car that's a single molecule wide and is powered by electrons. The car is built out of a single molecule for the body, with four paddle-shaped “wheels” at the corners. Then electrons were applied by moving the tip of a scanning tunneling microscope close to the device, causing the wheels …
You expect me to take a car without cupholders seriously?
I would imagine the intrusiveness of having a scanning electron telescope sticking out yer ass would outweigh the medicinal benefits of the nanomachines in your bloodstream...
Oh you'll never get to heaven...
... in a molecular car.
'Cos a molecular car,
Won't go that far!
But be in heaven you will
If you run your car up the hill,
and forget to hit the brake pedal.
Maybe for some, its hell.
"Don't give up the Ferrari"
Were you recruited by Dominic Connor, by any chance?
Ok Ill buy it
How many boffins can you get in a car that fits on the head of a molecule and does it hurt ?
"...six billionths of a meter after ten electron charges.."
I'm guessing that the 0-60 time isn't that great then?
all very well, but how long until car parks reduce the size of the bays accordingly
after all it seems to be a requirement that any adacent vehicle must have to ding you in order to permit occupants egress/access
Some say he's just a sub-atomic particle with no mass.
All we know is that he's called the nanoStig
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER
- Early result from Scots indyref vote? NAW, Jimmy - it's a SCAM