A clean-up operation following the takedown of what has been described as the biggest cyber-scam scam ever has begun. Six Estonian suspects have been charged, and one Russian suspect remains at large, over a malware-based DNS changer scam that affected 4 million PCs worldwide, generating an estimated $14m in the process. The …
So that's why El Reg's forums were down for a while this afternoon. I guess that's one way to bring the bad news ;-)
And you trust the FBI ?????
With the US record on privacy who is going to fall for downloading software supplied by the Feds.
So when you buy a PC from a major OEM, does it along with "Such -and-Such recommends Microsoft Windows whatever!" add the following : "...and biggest botnets delightfully approve this message!"?
"chief exec of Rove Digital"
Turd Blossom is alive!
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER