A clean-up operation following the takedown of what has been described as the biggest cyber-scam scam ever has begun. Six Estonian suspects have been charged, and one Russian suspect remains at large, over a malware-based DNS changer scam that affected 4 million PCs worldwide, generating an estimated $14m in the process. The …
So that's why El Reg's forums were down for a while this afternoon. I guess that's one way to bring the bad news ;-)
And you trust the FBI ?????
With the US record on privacy who is going to fall for downloading software supplied by the Feds.
So when you buy a PC from a major OEM, does it along with "Such -and-Such recommends Microsoft Windows whatever!" add the following : "...and biggest botnets delightfully approve this message!"?
"chief exec of Rove Digital"
Turd Blossom is alive!
- Review Is it an iPad? Is it a MacBook Air? No, it's a Surface Pro 3
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?
- Worstall on Wednesday Wall Street woes: Oh noes, tech titans aren't using bankers
- Kate Bush: Don't make me HAVE CONTACT with your iPHONE