A free university with hot-desking space for tech startup types is setting up shop in London, joining Google and TechHub in the cluster of technology companies around the East End. The General Assembly started as a New York project, but will branch out to a 2,000ft2 Clerkenwell campus in spring 2012, aiming to train and support …
In the UK the words "university" and "uni" are, at least for the time being, restricted by law and may not be used by any old organisation offering courses in e.g. "The Art of the Cold-Call." I can't see any evidence that this org has got a real university to validate their courses as degree-level, which does happen, but if not the term "free university" is a trifle meaningless.
- Asteroid's DINO KILLING SPREE just bad luck – boffins
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- Stick a 4K in them: Super high-res TVs are DONE
- BEST BATTERY EVER: All lithium, all the time, plus a dash of carbon nano-stuff
- Review You didn't get the MeMO? Asus Pad 7 Android tab is ... not bad