Federal authorities have shut down an international conspiracy that forced more than four million computers to connect to fraudulent webpages when users tried to visit Netflix, the US Internal Revenue Service, Apple's iTunes and other services. Prosecutors named seven Eastern European defendants who allegedly generated more …
Now hang the criminals by their thumbs for a few months
A little justice please.
Finally, the government doing something good on the internet
I should hope this just the beginning of these kinds of stories. Although I would wish that people would learn to use anti-virus, doesn't matter what OS you run or whether you are connected to the internet, you should always run up-to-date AV. Hell, I run AV on all of my internal-only OpenBSD boxes.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests