Federal authorities have shut down an international conspiracy that forced more than four million computers to connect to fraudulent webpages when users tried to visit Netflix, the US Internal Revenue Service, Apple's iTunes and other services. Prosecutors named seven Eastern European defendants who allegedly generated more …
Now hang the criminals by their thumbs for a few months
A little justice please.
Finally, the government doing something good on the internet
I should hope this just the beginning of these kinds of stories. Although I would wish that people would learn to use anti-virus, doesn't matter what OS you run or whether you are connected to the internet, you should always run up-to-date AV. Hell, I run AV on all of my internal-only OpenBSD boxes.
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- iSPY: Apple Stores switch on iBeacon phone sniff spy system
- Chinese gamer plays on while BMW burns to the ground
- Pic NASA Mars tank Curiosity rolls on old WET PATCH, sighs, sniffs for life signs
- How UK air traffic control system was caught asleep on the job