Federal authorities have shut down an international conspiracy that forced more than four million computers to connect to fraudulent webpages when users tried to visit Netflix, the US Internal Revenue Service, Apple's iTunes and other services. Prosecutors named seven Eastern European defendants who allegedly generated more …
Now hang the criminals by their thumbs for a few months
A little justice please.
Finally, the government doing something good on the internet
I should hope this just the beginning of these kinds of stories. Although I would wish that people would learn to use anti-virus, doesn't matter what OS you run or whether you are connected to the internet, you should always run up-to-date AV. Hell, I run AV on all of my internal-only OpenBSD boxes.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER