The US state of Oregon is pioneering fondleslab-voting for a primary election to replace US Representative David Wu, who resigned after a sex scandal. Disabled voters will be able to use iPads provided by county election workers in parks, nursing homes and community centres to call up the ballot and vote with a swipe of their …
And exactly how easy will it be to hack this system?A countable and verifiable paper ballot is the only safe way of holding a ballot and even that needs proper enforced safeguards.
This system or any system that involves hidden and unverifiable electronic text and numbers will never be safe enough for democracy.
"the tablet votes will be printed out on portable printers and sent in by mail." Please don't comment on articles you haven't read.
Before everyone starts complaining about mail/post security...
...I'd just like to point out that the "vote-by-mail" system here in Oregon does not, in fact, require the Postal Service to be involved in any way. Lots of us just drop our ballots off directly at the county elections office. Some counties make additional dropoff points available near the deadlines for major elections.
- Updated Hidden network packet sniffer in MILLIONS of iPhones, iPads – expert
- Students hack Tesla Model S, make all its doors pop open IN MOTION
- RISE of the Jesus Phone MOUNTAIN: Apple orders 80 MILLION 'Air' iPhone 6s
- BBC goes offline in MASSIVE COCKUP: Stephen Fry partly muzzled
- PROOF the Apple iPhone 6 rumor mill hype-gasm has reached its logical conclusion