HP is seeking a buyer for WebOS, the mobile operating system it acquired by buying PDA pioneer Palm last year. So says Reuters, citing a quartet of unnamed sources close to the consultation process by which HP hopes to figure out how to make back some of the $1.2bn is spent on Palm. HP has at least potential buyers lined up: …
What on earth would IBM or Oracle want with it?
It's not like IBM often buys mobile OSes just to sit on them....
Buy WebOs / Palm and take the patent pool.. assuming they are part of the sale..
"Will swap for tablet business strategy"
There, I fixed that headline for you.
I liked the idea of a proper mobile linux os without some java'ery type middleware.
I guess the licensing deal with MS went through...
- Breaking news: Google exec veep in terrifying SKY PLUNGE DRAMA
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Analysis Happy 2nd birthday, Windows 8 and Surface: Anatomy of a disaster
- Google CEO Larry Page gives Sundar Pichai keys to the kingdom
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? SKYPE has the HOTS for my NAKED WIFE