HP is seeking a buyer for WebOS, the mobile operating system it acquired by buying PDA pioneer Palm last year. So says Reuters, citing a quartet of unnamed sources close to the consultation process by which HP hopes to figure out how to make back some of the $1.2bn is spent on Palm. HP has at least potential buyers lined up: …
What on earth would IBM or Oracle want with it?
It's not like IBM often buys mobile OSes just to sit on them....
Buy WebOs / Palm and take the patent pool.. assuming they are part of the sale..
"Will swap for tablet business strategy"
There, I fixed that headline for you.
I liked the idea of a proper mobile linux os without some java'ery type middleware.
I guess the licensing deal with MS went through...
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Analysis Oh no, Joe: WinPhone users already griping over 8.1 mega-update
- Leaked pics show EMBIGGENED iPhone 6 screen
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- OK, we get the message, Microsoft: Windows Defender splats 1000s of WinXP, Server 2k3 PCs