HP is seeking a buyer for WebOS, the mobile operating system it acquired by buying PDA pioneer Palm last year. So says Reuters, citing a quartet of unnamed sources close to the consultation process by which HP hopes to figure out how to make back some of the $1.2bn is spent on Palm. HP has at least potential buyers lined up: …
What on earth would IBM or Oracle want with it?
It's not like IBM often buys mobile OSes just to sit on them....
Buy WebOs / Palm and take the patent pool.. assuming they are part of the sale..
"Will swap for tablet business strategy"
There, I fixed that headline for you.
I liked the idea of a proper mobile linux os without some java'ery type middleware.
I guess the licensing deal with MS went through...
- Does Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Pics Indestructible Death Stars blow up planets with glowing KILL RAY
- Video Snowden: You can't trust SPOOKS with your DATA
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked