HP is seeking a buyer for WebOS, the mobile operating system it acquired by buying PDA pioneer Palm last year. So says Reuters, citing a quartet of unnamed sources close to the consultation process by which HP hopes to figure out how to make back some of the $1.2bn is spent on Palm. HP has at least potential buyers lined up: …
What on earth would IBM or Oracle want with it?
It's not like IBM often buys mobile OSes just to sit on them....
Buy WebOs / Palm and take the patent pool.. assuming they are part of the sale..
"Will swap for tablet business strategy"
There, I fixed that headline for you.
I liked the idea of a proper mobile linux os without some java'ery type middleware.
I guess the licensing deal with MS went through...
- Review Reg man looks through a Glass, darkly: Google's toy ploy or killer tech specs?
- MEN WANTED to satisfy town full of yearning BRAZILIAN HOTNESS
- +Comment 'Stop dissing Google or quit': OK, I quit, says Code Club co-founder
- Nokia: Read our Maps, Samsung – we're HERE for the Gear
- Apple tried to get a ban on Galaxy, judge said: NO, NO, NO