HP is seeking a buyer for WebOS, the mobile operating system it acquired by buying PDA pioneer Palm last year. So says Reuters, citing a quartet of unnamed sources close to the consultation process by which HP hopes to figure out how to make back some of the $1.2bn is spent on Palm. HP has at least potential buyers lined up: …
What on earth would IBM or Oracle want with it?
It's not like IBM often buys mobile OSes just to sit on them....
Buy WebOs / Palm and take the patent pool.. assuming they are part of the sale..
"Will swap for tablet business strategy"
There, I fixed that headline for you.
I liked the idea of a proper mobile linux os without some java'ery type middleware.
I guess the licensing deal with MS went through...
- Twitter: La la la, we have not heard of any NUDE JLaw, Upton SELFIES
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Apple to devs: NO slurping users' HEALTH for sale to Dark Powers
- Is that a 64-bit ARM Warrior in your pocket? No, it's MIPS64
- Apple 'fesses up: Rejected from the App Store, dev? THIS is why