The Australian government has terminated the protracted and controversial tender process for the $AU223 million Australia Network broadcasting contract. The Minister for Broadband,Communications and the Digital Economy, Senator Stephen Conroy said that the government came to the decision acting on the advice of the Australian …
This should never have been let out to tender.
More like RED HERRING
Quick lets hide behind this as an excuse to hide our complete and total inability to properly run our government.
No to the Murdoch Empire
I am glad this happened. Regardless of the leaks,
Murdoch does not deserve to represent my country given his
endorsement of Right Wing media politics. I do not want such an organisation responsible
for the message that is sent out to Asia and the region. Such affairs require a fit and proper person,
not an all consuming mogul empire looking for more ways to skin a buck.
Wouldn't it be cheaper to outsource the job of getting important information about Australia and carefully crafted messages through to political, business and military leaders to Julian Assange,
I'm sure they'd take more notice of a Wikileaked cable than some tart blathering away on the telly
Could be an example of a government obsessed with hate media and biased reporting by one organisation. Coincidence that it happens to be News Ltd group? Oink, flap!
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia
- Apple's iPhone 6 first-day sales are MEANINGLESS, mutters analyst
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln