The Scottish Information Commissioner (SICO) received 20 per cent more appeal applications relating to freedom of information (FOI) requests during the first three months of this year than the watchdog received last year. SICO, which is responsible for ensuring Scottish public bodies comply with FOI laws in Scotland, said that …
What's the puzzle?
Edinburgh Trams and Statutory notice debacles alone would generate that increase in FOI requests IMO. Add in increasing concerns with PPP/PFI deals, and just general public awareness of SICO the rise isn't so big...
- Mounties always get their man: Heartbleed 'hacker', 19, CUFFED
- Batten down the hatches, Ubuntu 14.04 LTS due in TWO DAYS
- Samsung Galaxy S5 fingerprint scanner hacked in just 4 DAYS
- Feast your PUNY eyes on highest resolution phone display EVER
- AMD demos 'Berlin' Opteron, world's first heterogeneous system architecture server chip