Samsung's 5.3in smartphone-cum-tablet, the Galaxy Note, has been rooted. So has its Android 4.0-based Galaxy Nexus handset. Of course, the Galaxy Nexus isn't out yet, but that hasn't stopped one enterprising early adopter with pre-release hardware from posting a utility, Superboot, that'll root the smartphone with "no need to …
Will el reg be reviewing the note?
75%. Points deducted for not being Apple, and for being Samsung.
Personally I like the look of the Note. My next phone will probably be a Galaxy Nexus or the Note actually.
The attempt at locking down phones is ridiculous. Consumer-organisation should put pressure manufacturers to deliver hardware-designs which simply do not offer software an opportunity to pass damaging parameters. Consumers should be free to use whatever software they want. All manufacturers and resellers need is a mechanism to reload their own certified software before diagnosing a faulty unit.
- One HUNDRED FAMOUS LADIES exposed NUDE online
- Twitter: La la la, we have not heard of any NUDE JLaw, Upton SELFIES
- China: You, Microsoft. Office-Windows 'compatibility'. You have 20 days to explain
- Apple to devs: NO slurping users' HEALTH for sale to Dark Powers
- Is that a 64-bit ARM Warrior in your pocket? No, it's MIPS64