Transparency is a new way of operating and the public sector is now more accountable to the public, aided by the release of more than 7,500 datasets, including 800-plus geographical linked datasets via data.gov.uk, Cabinet Office minister Francis Maude has said. In a parliamentary written answer he said that the government's …
release of more than 7,500 datasets
Take away the "800-plus geographical linked datasets via data.gov.uk" and that leaves 6700 laptops and dongles lost by the government.
"How's the new government openness and transparency strategy going?"
"I can't tell you. It's secret"
...all data on missing smartphones and laptops will be open?
Oh I forgot - it would cost too much.
To add to the list...
- Can we get the locations and collection times of UK post boxes, please? (Royal Mail says no)
- Live UK train times would be nice as well (Network Rail, ditto)
(m.)traintimes.org.uk seems to have problems getting the data...
There's *our* public data and there's *yours*. Obviously you -being proles- will require less in the way of data protection and privacy as what you do doesn't matter anway. Nevertheless: Should one of you kick up, we require total access to the records of everything you do in order that we can appear to be both caring and in control. Thank you. Now please carry on with your work.
Search your feeling. something is not right here. All indications are that their idea of 'Open' is for you to open up everything about yourself so that government can see everything, for who knows what reasons.
Do you believe the people have the right to revolt against a tyranical government?
If the government has so much control over communications, how could you revolt if it were to become tyranical?
- Vid Hubble 'scope scans 200,000-ton CHUNKY CRUMBLE ENIGMA
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON
- Apple to grieving sons: NO, you cannot have access to your dead mum's iPad