Global digital music subscription players Spotify and Rdio will be rocking their way to Australian shores in coming months. The entry of Sweden’s Spotify to the Australian market has been one of the worst kept secrets in the music industry, with Spotify representatives courting carriers such as Telstra and Optus for months. DMG …
"Personalised music recommendation systems are viewed by large in the radio broadcasting community as a way of growing traditional radio audiences, not diminishing them."
Yes, just like my car makes me use the buses more often because every now and then I enjoy experiencing the inconvenience of waiting a couple of hours for a bus to where I want to go rather than just getting in the car and going there.
"The entry of Sweden’s Spotify to the Australian market has been one of the worst kept secrets in the music industry"
News to me.
But then again, I don't fancy paying for my music twice. Or three times.
Plus service fees and network data of course.
"it is currently advertising extensively for local staff"
One man's "extensively" is another's "watch how hard I try".
I found one entry for a "Label Relations Manager", and as far as I can see, only on the Spotify website.
I've also looked (admittedly not very hard) on three of our larger employment sites, with no finds on company or job title.
Dunno, this smells very much like a promotional story disguised as a "real" news story.
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web video' cannon to SINK Netflix
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK