The unstoppable force that is Lenovo recorded double-digit sales and profit gains in fiscal Q2 as its operation in mature markets outweighed its homeland market in China for the first time. The firm, which has locked onto market leader HP, grew sales by more than a third (35 per cent) to $7.8bn, operating profits were up more …
Don't fancy their chances much in the tablet market at the minute but I'm a big fan of their notebooks. Build quality is much better than anything else at similar price points. Not Macbook obviously but way cheaper.
I agree with most of what you said, except the Macbook part.
My experience is that Lenovos are a fair bit better built than Macbooks (if you compare with Thinkpads).
Actually I was thinking more of the Ideapads. Thinkpads are obviously bulletproof but the consumer machines are much better built than most consumer machines (I'm looking at you HP in particular.)
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- 14 antivirus apps found to have security problems
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- FTC to mobile carriers: If you could stop text scammers being jerks that'd be just great