The unstoppable force that is Lenovo recorded double-digit sales and profit gains in fiscal Q2 as its operation in mature markets outweighed its homeland market in China for the first time. The firm, which has locked onto market leader HP, grew sales by more than a third (35 per cent) to $7.8bn, operating profits were up more …
Don't fancy their chances much in the tablet market at the minute but I'm a big fan of their notebooks. Build quality is much better than anything else at similar price points. Not Macbook obviously but way cheaper.
I agree with most of what you said, except the Macbook part.
My experience is that Lenovos are a fair bit better built than Macbooks (if you compare with Thinkpads).
Actually I was thinking more of the Ideapads. Thinkpads are obviously bulletproof but the consumer machines are much better built than most consumer machines (I'm looking at you HP in particular.)
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too thick to handle email
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- Geek's Guide to Britain Kingston's aviation empire: From industry firsts to Airfix heroes
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?