CloudSigma, an infrastructure cloud operator based in Zurich, is letting customers run Solaris and the ZFS file system on its cloud, giving it full peer status with Linux and Windows operating systems. But don't get too excited, Sparc/Solaris shops. Robert Jenkins, CloudSigma CTO, tells El Reg that the company is not putting …
Memory at GB/hour?
Given the ZFS tendency to grab all available free memory as a performance enhancement (it gives it back if required, but will use it when it can) I can see a per-GB charge adding up nicely...
- Review Apple takes blade to 13-inch MacBook Pro with Retina display
- Game Theory The agony and ecstasy of SteamOS: WHERE ARE MY GAMES?
- Intel's Raspberry Pi rival Galileo can now run Windows
- Microsoft and HTC are M8s again: New One mobe sports WinPhone
- Hello, police, El Reg here. Are we a bunch of terrorists now?