CloudSigma, an infrastructure cloud operator based in Zurich, is letting customers run Solaris and the ZFS file system on its cloud, giving it full peer status with Linux and Windows operating systems. But don't get too excited, Sparc/Solaris shops. Robert Jenkins, CloudSigma CTO, tells El Reg that the company is not putting …
Memory at GB/hour?
Given the ZFS tendency to grab all available free memory as a performance enhancement (it gives it back if required, but will use it when it can) I can see a per-GB charge adding up nicely...
- Leaked screenshots show next Windows kernel to be a perfect 10
- Amazon warming up 'cheapo web video' cannon to SINK Netflix
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? I need a password to BRAKE? What? No! STOP! Aaaargh!
- Episode 13 BOFH: WHERE did this 'fax-enabled' printer UPGRADE come from?
- Vulture at the Wheel Ford's B-Max: Fiesta-based runaround that goes THUNK