back to article Netflix, Amazon ink video streaming deals with Disney

Netflix and Amazon have extended existing content deals with Walt Disney Company in a clear sign that the meeja world wants online video streaming to become big business Stateside and, presumably, beyond. The separate agreements also open up Disney's access to a nascent marketplace, allowing the media firm to sell licences to …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Thumb Up

Personally, I'm waiting for a streaming only service. An hour round trip to Blockbuster to rent a Blu-Ray is too much effort and time. By the time I get back, half the time available to watch the film has gone.

Would be alot happier waiting 10min or so to buffer the download.

I actually do get Lovefilm to post me DVDs now and then, but by and large it's far too slow and cumbersome for me. Requiring a detour on my way to work to return the films is more effort than I want to give, especially when watching TV series where you're lucky to get 5 episodes on one disk.

A streaming only service with a wider selection would definitely make me sit up and take notice. If netflix had a PS3 service and a wider range than Lovefilm, I'd switch quite happily.

The media companies are catching on... slowly

I don't waste much money on Disney stuff, in fact we try to waste as little as possible. But do love Netflix streaming-only. If Disney stuff gets loaded onto Netflix then we'll probably be watching a lot of it at my house, and I would assume that Disney would get a few coins from it. That is an increment to Disney's revenue, although not nearly as much as they want (but aren't getting.)

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums