HTC's supersize Sensation has landed in Three stores across the UK today. The HTC Sensation XL can be picked up from £34 per month, although to get it with Three's data-weighted The One Plan, and customers will have to fork out £40 every month. Alternatively, it can be purchased on pay-as-you-go for £450. HTC Sensation XL …
How about some specs?
The main differences between the XL, XE and Original (O) are as follows:
XL: taller, wider & thinner.
XE & O: 4.3"
XE & O: 540x960
XL: 16GB onboard - no microSD
XE: 4GB onboard & microSD
O: 1GB & microSD
XL: Single core 1.5GHz
XE: Dual core 1.5GHz
O: Dual Core 1.2GHz
So the XE and O have better rez. Also the O is the same processor just underclocked to 1.2Ghz.
A simple custom rom (which will invalidate the warrenty (see XDA developers)) will turn a O into a XE.
So in short, the O/XE is the same as XL, except it has a smaller screen, but, this is the kicker, much better rez so there is more readable text that fits on the screen.
The reason WHY the O is underclocked is when the chip runs at 1.5Ghz it has a worse battery life. So having the ablity to flash a standard ROM on the O gives it the advantage the others do not have (longer batt.) of course if battery is an issue you would of flashed Cynogen mod already...
The XE has more onboard storage, but yeah, doesn't seem to be any reason why you'd want to go for the XL over the XE or O.
- Analysis iPhone 6: The final straw for Android makers eaten alive by the data parasite?
- First Crack Man buys iPHONE 6 and DROPS IT to SMASH on PURPOSE
- TOR users become FBI's No.1 hacking target after legal power grab
- Vid Reg bloke zips through an iPHONE 6 queue from ZERO to 60 SECONDS
- Analysis Why Oracle CEO Larry Ellison had to go ... Except he hasn't