Advanced Micro Devices has made business tough for supercomputer maker Cray once again. But it won't get a third chance. If Cray had its way, Advanced Micro Devices would have been shipping its 16-core "Interlagos" Opteron 6200 processors in volume for a few months already. But the 32 nanometer ramp at AMD wafer baker …
Time will tell
Fortunately AMD Opterons are a better choice for the application so if GF resolves their production issues, all should be well for AMD and Cray.
AMD killing their marketshare with supply problems and tight lips!
Many retail consumers are not happy with the Q3 2011 debacle surrounding their new 8 and 16 core chip releases. We cannot buy any of these new 16 core Socket G34 chips, much less place a pre-order for them.
Instead, my ASUS KGPE-D16 Socket G34 motherboard sits with two older chips.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base