Advanced Micro Devices has made business tough for supercomputer maker Cray once again. But it won't get a third chance. If Cray had its way, Advanced Micro Devices would have been shipping its 16-core "Interlagos" Opteron 6200 processors in volume for a few months already. But the 32 nanometer ramp at AMD wafer baker …
Time will tell
Fortunately AMD Opterons are a better choice for the application so if GF resolves their production issues, all should be well for AMD and Cray.
AMD killing their marketshare with supply problems and tight lips!
Many retail consumers are not happy with the Q3 2011 debacle surrounding their new 8 and 16 core chip releases. We cannot buy any of these new 16 core Socket G34 chips, much less place a pre-order for them.
Instead, my ASUS KGPE-D16 Socket G34 motherboard sits with two older chips.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Analysis Windows 10: One for the suits, right Microsoft? Or so one THOUGHT
- Vid+Pics Microsoft WINDOWS 10: Seven ATE Nine. Or Eight did really
- Xbox hackers snared US ARMY APACHE GUNSHIP ware - Feds
- You dirty RAT! Hong Kong protesters infected by iOS, Android spyware