The two ringleaders of a gang that siphoned more than £2.8m from bank accounts were jailed on Monday following an investigation by the Met's Central E-Crime Unit (PCeU). Ukrainian nationals Yuriy Konovalenko, 29, and Yevhen Kulibaba, 33, both resident at the same address in Chingford, Essex, were each jailed for four years and …
For a bank hack? Ha, some bankers got paid more than that yesterday.
"Put fear into the minds of those contemplating these conspiracies"
HA!!! That's a joke, right? Four and a half years, be out in under 2 with good behaviour... Oooh, I can hear the collective quaking-in-boots.
Add to that, or rather take away from that - The assets recovery agency will chase them for all the money back and probably missed tax as well. They'll be on the end of compulsory sale orders of any noteable property and basically end up with nothing.
the money is most probably in Ukraine by now - who over there will force them to pay it back?
- Review Apple iPhone 6: Looking good, slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia
- Apple's iPhone 6 first-day sales are MEANINGLESS, mutters analyst