A chronic gambler from the ACT has been denied bail over charges that he stole money from ATMs in late October. The 23-year-old, Luke Angus McLaren, is facing charges of theft and unauthorised modification of data, after posing as a technician, opening machines at the Belconnen Westfield mall, and according to police, triggering …
What's the issue?
He was already on bail and carried on (allegedly) offending. I'd say it's perfectly okay to remove the bail option. He already had that and abused it.
Sounds like a suitable case for treatment to me - on the other hand - there's not a whole lot to do in the ACT and kicking the tires on a few ATMs around the Belconnen mall could seem like the thing to do.
It's been a while since I was there - is that place still a dump?
- Crawling from the Wreckage Want a more fuel efficient car? Then redesign it – here's how
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- Human spaceships dodge ALIEN BODY skimming Mars
- Downrange Are you a gun owner? Let us in OR ELSE, say Blighty's top cops
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know