Lending a tropical air to the SC11 Student Cluster Challenge are the Rainforest Eagles from Costa Rica’s Instituto Tecnológico de Costa Rica (ITCR-ITS). This is the first team from central America, and at latitude 10° north, the southernmost team to date. So if you wagered that Taiwan, at 25° north, would be the competitor …
Oe, oeoeoe! Ticos, Ticos!
So proud to see my Alma Mater competing in the Challenge!
The ITCR, better known as "Tec", is a well respected university in the country and the region, but yes it needs to create a name for itself internationally. This is a perfect opportunity... as far as I'm aware, the team is composed of students of at least 3 different careers, so it's an university-wide effort in that regard
Best of luck to the boys and girl in the team!
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Interview Global Warming IS REAL, argues sceptic mathematician - it just isn't THERMAGEDDON