back to article Samsung reveals Ice Cream Sarnie updates for 2012

Samsung Italy has let slip which Galaxy phones and tablets it plans to provide with with Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich updates, all due next year. Samsung Galaxy S II According to the South Korean giant, the following models will gain ICS: Galaxy S II Galaxy Note Galaxy Tab 10.1 Galaxy Tab 8.9 Galaxy Tab 7.7 Galaxy …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Interesting.

That you post this, but totally fail to bother to mention Asus's press release about the Transformer range all getting ICS.

Given that the Asus is the best selling Android tablet by a long mile, outselling the Tab, this makes it rather silly selective reporting, reporting only the things in the public eye...

1. N13L5
      Coffee/keyboard

pfff... your complaint is invalid

This news bit obviously stems from a Samsung Italy press release.

So its a scoup for Samsung Android owners, especially the many millions of Galaxy SII smartphone owners.

Of course we'd expect Asus and any other "Brand Name" vendor to roll out ICS on their selling devices as well.

Have you considered the possibility that Asus simply doesn't do as good a job at blanketing news outlets with press releases on such little details? What do you want TheReg to do, scour the net for every firmware update companies push out? They'd have no time for real news anymore :P

2. LarsG

EACH UPDATE, WHEN IT ARRIVES

Never ever matches the hype!

3. Matt Devney
    Thumb Up

Yay!

Just got a Galaxy S II after having a dog of a phone for 3 years and thought I'd be stuck with Honeycomb when everyone else had moved on.

But I'll be able to keep up for maybe another 6 months - yay for delayed forced obsolescence.

1. Matt Devney
      Facepalm

I meant Gingerbread, obviously

4. Notorious Biggles
    Go

Good

Glad to hear that the Galaxy Note is on the list. It's almost a tablet as it is, but it's launching with Gingerbread at the same time as ICS is coming out and I was worried it'd basically be obsolete at launch.

I approve. Just hope that Q2 isn't 30th of June in reality.

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Good news, if not for Touchwiz

I don't like touchwiz. I think it's ugly. I wonder if it's possible to remove it without installing a new ROM.

Because besides Touchwiz Samsung has made a good job of optimizing the hardware/software combo : good performance and good battery life.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like