Quarterly results show Emulex spinout QLogic quietly excelling while Emulex is still trying to dig itself out of a hole. Both companies sell Fibre Channel host bus adapters (HBAs), and Ethernet connectivity products such as converged network adapters (CNAs). Emulex has silicon products that provide connectivity inside arrays, …
I was surprised to hear QLogic refered to as an Emulex spin-off. Well sure enough, wikipedia backs you up -- QLogic spun off in 1994. So it's all true, but as 17-year-old news, might merit a little bit more explanation than you gave.
- Fee fie Firefox: Mozilla's lawyers probe Dell over browser install charge
- Did Apple's iOS make you physically SICK? Try swallowing version 7.1
- Neil Young touts MP3 player that's no Piece of Crap
- Review Distro diaspora: Four flavours of Ubuntu unpacked
- Pics Indescructible Death Stars blow up planets using glowing KILL RAY