Quarterly results show Emulex spinout QLogic quietly excelling while Emulex is still trying to dig itself out of a hole. Both companies sell Fibre Channel host bus adapters (HBAs), and Ethernet connectivity products such as converged network adapters (CNAs). Emulex has silicon products that provide connectivity inside arrays, …
I was surprised to hear QLogic refered to as an Emulex spin-off. Well sure enough, wikipedia backs you up -- QLogic spun off in 1994. So it's all true, but as 17-year-old news, might merit a little bit more explanation than you gave.
- iPad? More like iFAD: We reveal why Apple ran off to IBM
- +Analysis Microsoft: We're making ONE TRUE WINDOWS to rule us all
- Climate: 'An excuse for tax hikes', scientists 'don't know what they're talking about'
- Analysis Nadella: Apps must run on ALL WINDOWS – PCs, slabs and mobes
- Apple: We'll unleash OS X Yosemite beta on the MASSES July 24