Quarterly results show Emulex spinout QLogic quietly excelling while Emulex is still trying to dig itself out of a hole. Both companies sell Fibre Channel host bus adapters (HBAs), and Ethernet connectivity products such as converged network adapters (CNAs). Emulex has silicon products that provide connectivity inside arrays, …
I was surprised to hear QLogic refered to as an Emulex spin-off. Well sure enough, wikipedia backs you up -- QLogic spun off in 1994. So it's all true, but as 17-year-old news, might merit a little bit more explanation than you gave.
- Just TWO climate committee MPs contradict IPCC: The two with SCIENCE degrees
- Apple winks at parents: C'mon, get your kid a tweaked Macbook Pro
- Feature Scotland's BIG question: Will independence cost me my broadband?
- SOULLESS machine-intelligence ROBOT cars to hit Blighty in 2015
- China in MONOPOLY PROBE into Microsoft: Do not pass GO, do not collect 200 yuan