back to article Fancy buying Brocade – again?

Fibre Channel and Ethernet networking company Brocade may be shopping itself around again, the The Wall Street Journal reports – again. Two years after reporting that Brocade had hired investment banker Qatalyst to find a buyer, the WSJ is at it again. According to people familiar with the matter, Brocade is up for sale, with …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge
Meh

Mmmmmm......

Brocadewich.......

I think Juniper is the best bet. Cisco might not even be able to get a deal for all of Brocade through the anti-trust diligence, and I don't see Brocade agreeing to sell the Fiber Channel business to Cisco and try to make a go of it as an ethernet company.

IBM and HP are possibilities too.

Juniper have a history of best in breed - Why Brocade?

I very much doubt that Juniper would want or need to purchase Brocade. They already have a very strong product in the QFabric that's a much more compelling product in the data centre than Brocade.

Anonymous Coward

running aground

The ship left the harbour many moon cycles ago for Brocade to have made a decent prospect or decent value form a sale as your artcile rightly points out - who is left that would want them..?

However IBM are notorious for left field purchases, and BNT isnt exactly robust as a line of products which may be well compli8mented by Brocade and IBM then gets FC as a stable business to add to Mainframe and AS400............

Anonymous Coward

EMC really isn't that left field. There have been rumors they're going to try pushing into the server space as well. I would say it's realistically:

Oracle

EMC

Juniper (QLogic would make far more sense from a product overlap perspective)

Huawei (doubtful the goverment would let them)

So pretty much Oracle.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums