Microsoft has announced that it’s dropped dotFREE from its ongoing lawsuit over the Kelihos botnet. In a blog post dated October 26, senior attorney of Microsoft’s Digital Crimes Unit Richard Boscovich says neither dotFREE nor its owner, Dominique Alexander Piatti, were involved in Kelihos. Piatti’s case was unusual, in that …
Really appreciate the effort...
... as long as the right guys get a thrashing and not the first best in any way involved they get their hands on.
MS has a long way to go to earn credit as bonafide security player, but they IMHO are on a good track. Really hope they don't blow it.
Fighting cyber crime will get increasingly difficult if the biggest players are not pulling in the right direction.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Updated + vids WHOA: Get a load of Asteroid DX110 JUST MISSING planet EARTH
- 10 years of Facebook Inside Facebook's engineering labs: Hardware heaven, HP hell – PICTURES
- Very fabric of space-time RIPPED apart in latest Hubble pic
- Massive new AIRSHIP to enter commercial service at British dirigible base