Microsoft has announced that it’s dropped dotFREE from its ongoing lawsuit over the Kelihos botnet. In a blog post dated October 26, senior attorney of Microsoft’s Digital Crimes Unit Richard Boscovich says neither dotFREE nor its owner, Dominique Alexander Piatti, were involved in Kelihos. Piatti’s case was unusual, in that …
Really appreciate the effort...
... as long as the right guys get a thrashing and not the first best in any way involved they get their hands on.
MS has a long way to go to earn credit as bonafide security player, but they IMHO are on a good track. Really hope they don't blow it.
Fighting cyber crime will get increasingly difficult if the biggest players are not pulling in the right direction.
- +Comment Trips to Mars may be OFF: The SUN has changed in a way we've NEVER SEEN
- Vid Google opens Inbox – email for people too stupid to use email
- Pic Forget the $2499 5K iMac – today we reveal Apple's most expensive computer to date
- RUMPY PUMPY: Bone says humans BONED Neanderthals 50,000 years B.C.
- Is your home or office internet gateway one of '1.2 MILLION' wide open to hijacking?