Microsoft has announced that it’s dropped dotFREE from its ongoing lawsuit over the Kelihos botnet. In a blog post dated October 26, senior attorney of Microsoft’s Digital Crimes Unit Richard Boscovich says neither dotFREE nor its owner, Dominique Alexander Piatti, were involved in Kelihos. Piatti’s case was unusual, in that …
Really appreciate the effort...
... as long as the right guys get a thrashing and not the first best in any way involved they get their hands on.
MS has a long way to go to earn credit as bonafide security player, but they IMHO are on a good track. Really hope they don't blow it.
Fighting cyber crime will get increasingly difficult if the biggest players are not pulling in the right direction.
- +Comment Anti-Facebook Ello: Here's why we're still in beta. SPAMGASM!
- Vid+Pics Microsoft unwraps WINDOWS 10: Seven ate Nine. Or 8 did, anyway
- NASA rover Curiosity drills HOLE in MARS 'GOLF COURSE'
- George Clooney, WikiLeaks' lawyer wife hand out burner phones to wedding guests
- Business is back, baby! Hasta la VISTA, Win 8... Oh, yeah, Windows 9