back to article Rosat dropped over the Bay of Bengal: DLR

DLR, the German space agency, has stated that Rosat, the scientific satellite that re-entered the atmosphere on October 23, made its re-entry over the Bay of Bengal. While the agency had earlier stated there was a risk that some of the satellite could survive re-entry, in particular its mirror which was protected against …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Anonymous Coward

I humbly suggest mounting GoPros on all future large satellites. just so there's a chance one will be found washed up one day which will have captured it's ride passing though the gates of hell. :-)

I wonder if there's some uncontacted tribe on Nicobar sat around pondering a shiny new mirror that's mysteriously appeared in their village today. Maybe it will inexorably set them on a path to develop space flight so they can take it back to wherever it came from.

Anonymous Coward

Well lets just hope that if they do they don't take a look at the majesty of the cosmos and decide 'it's got to go', thus unleashing war on a scale never seen before. Possibly involving lots and lots of white robots.

DJV
Joke

DLR?

Wow, I hadn't realised the Docklands Light Railway was a German company who also did space stuff!

Yag
Mushroom

Damn!

Missed!

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums