EMC's Project Lightning code is being produced by a software team in Israel, using – El Reg thinks – Micron hardware. Project Lightning is EMC's placing of its own PCIe-connected flash memory cache card in servers, with its contents controlled by FAST (Fully-Automated Storage Tiering), which passes data to it from a backing EMC …
identical connectors on the top edge
Errr, wouldn't that be because it's a PCIe card?
"We can see that it does now bears a family resemblance to the EMC Lightning PCIe card (right) with a similar large black controller chip, identical connectors on the top edge "
You mean the industry standard pci-express connector? And what seems to be the industry practice of putting the heaviest hottest processor chip in the middle of the card?
OH! MY! GOD! Two flash cards have the same heat-spreader!!
They're not even the same profile...
- Apple's spamtastic iBeacon retail alerts launch with Frisco FAIL
- Submerged Navy submarine successfully launches drone from missile tubes
- Cache in the Attic El Reg's contraptions confessional no.2: Tablet PC, CRT screen and more
- Pix Astroboffins spot HOT, YOUNG GIANT where she doesn't belong
- Developer unleashes bowel-shaking KILLER APP for Google Glass