EMC's Project Lightning code is being produced by a software team in Israel, using – El Reg thinks – Micron hardware. Project Lightning is EMC's placing of its own PCIe-connected flash memory cache card in servers, with its contents controlled by FAST (Fully-Automated Storage Tiering), which passes data to it from a backing EMC …
identical connectors on the top edge
Errr, wouldn't that be because it's a PCIe card?
"We can see that it does now bears a family resemblance to the EMC Lightning PCIe card (right) with a similar large black controller chip, identical connectors on the top edge "
You mean the industry standard pci-express connector? And what seems to be the industry practice of putting the heaviest hottest processor chip in the middle of the card?
OH! MY! GOD! Two flash cards have the same heat-spreader!!
They're not even the same profile...
- HALF A BILLION TERRORISTS: WhatsApp encrypts ALL its worldwide jabber
- HUMAN DNA 'will be FOUND ON MOON' – rocking boffin Brian Cox
- Bang! You're dead. Who gets your email, iTunes and Facebook?
- YOU are the threat: True confessions of real-life sysadmins
- Blackpool hotel 'fines' couple £100 for crap TripAdvisor review