Peer-to-peer payments, transfers via Facebook, and support for contactless near-field communications: the Commonwealth Bank has reached for the buzzword book to create a new payment system it hopes will help it ride on the back of huge growth in mobile payments systems. It also targets the huge growth of the iPhone in Australia …
The devil will be in the fees and charges
Instant money transfer via the CBA? I’d like to see that! (What’s their cut, 10%?)
They don’t even credit an ATO cheque immediately these days.
"the new all-embracing mobile payments system is only going to be offered for iOS 4.3 and above"
bank ignores facts
"Bank ignores NFC-supporting number 1 platform Android, currently out-selling Apple's iPhone 2:1, in favour of a device that sells less and doesn't even support NFC without expensive addon hardware."
- Xmas Round-up Ghosts of Christmas Past: Ten tech treats from yesteryear
- Analysis Microsoft's licence riddles give Linux and pals a free ride to virtual domination
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16
- I KNOW how to SAVE Microsoft. Give Windows 8 away for FREE – analyst
- Geek's Guide to Britain How the UK's national memory lives in a ROBOT in Kew