Acer UK boss Bobby Watkins has quit after a string of disastrous quarters in which the firm's sales collapsed, The Register can reveal. It is understood that Acer veteran Neil Marshall, currently director of global sales and marketing transformation, will be picking up the reins. Channel sources reckon that Watkins resigned as …
The company i work for buys a fair amount from Acer - they are a crap supplier to deal with never reply to any queries and if they do it takes ages. they run a skeleton staff apparantley - well it shows now.
also not surprised
Selling kit with a build quality of £50 for £500 to the customer is never going to be a good business model.
They should trying being more honest and sell their kit in the right price bracket!
Yes because everyone "RESIGNS" at ACER...
Come on.... Get real
Stuff Acer: Don't colour it green
Whether you care or not about global warming, pollution, etc., and we should, my employer has stopped buying Acer because of rubber feet.
As we are in an area where power can get dicey when water levels fall or high temperatures cause air-cons to kick in, we always buy laptops rather than desktop computers because the batteries allow us to get away with a manual switch-over generator, which is much cheaper than auto-switching.
Over time Acer computers rubber feet drop off - they haven't figured out what ASUS uses for glue, so we tried to buy replacement feet.
Oh, they are available BUT you have to buy them attached to half the base cover. Really dumb.
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- Hi-torque tank engines: EXTREME car hacking with The Register
- Review What's MISSING on Amazon Fire Phone... and why it WON'T set the world alight
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor
- Product round-up Trousers down for six of the best affordable Androids