The dust has settled on the World Solar Challenge here in Oz, with Japan's Team Tokai securing their second consecutive title. El Reg's Special Projects Bureau followed the race all the way from Darwin to Brisbane - a challenging 2,998 kilometres from start line to chequered flag. Along the way, we grabbed some video of the …
Hope you guys were able to sample the local cuisine and liquids while you were down there. Thanks for the coverage.
Re: Nice video
We were: the pie stack - meat pie with mash and mushy peas on top, washed in gravy. Washed down with a schooner, natch.
Love the fact that all the support cars are petrol (I've assumed)... =)
Thought the race ended in Adelaide? The road from Tenants Creek to the East coast wasn't even paved along it's whole length last time I was there. Reckon the heavily corrugated dirt track would have played havoc with those fragile vehicles. Very pretty drive though ;-)
I'm visiting a mate on my way back. Mercifully, I flew from Adelaide to here.
- Geek's Guide to Britain INSIDE GCHQ: Welcome to Cheltenham's cottage industry
- 'Catastrophic failure' of 3D-printed gun in Oz Police test
- Game Theory Is the next-gen console war already One?
- BBC suspends CTO after it wastes £100m on doomed IT system
- Peak Facebook: British users lose their Liking for Zuck's ad empire