The dust has settled on the World Solar Challenge here in Oz, with Japan's Team Tokai securing their second consecutive title. El Reg's Special Projects Bureau followed the race all the way from Darwin to Brisbane - a challenging 2,998 kilometres from start line to chequered flag. Along the way, we grabbed some video of the …
Hope you guys were able to sample the local cuisine and liquids while you were down there. Thanks for the coverage.
Re: Nice video
We were: the pie stack - meat pie with mash and mushy peas on top, washed in gravy. Washed down with a schooner, natch.
Love the fact that all the support cars are petrol (I've assumed)... =)
Thought the race ended in Adelaide? The road from Tenants Creek to the East coast wasn't even paved along it's whole length last time I was there. Reckon the heavily corrugated dirt track would have played havoc with those fragile vehicles. Very pretty drive though ;-)
I'm visiting a mate on my way back. Mercifully, I flew from Adelaide to here.
- Product round-up Too 4K-ing expensive? Five full HD laptops for work and play
- Review We have a winner! Fresh Linux Mint 17.1 – hands down the best
- Vid Antarctic ice THICKER than first feared – penguin-bot boffins
- You stupid BRICK! PCs running Avast AV can't handle Windows fixes
- Antique Code Show World of Warcraft then and now: From Orcs and Humans to Warlords of Draenor