back to article Batman: Arkham City

Hung upside down over a vat of acid or strapped to a conveyor belt inching towards a blast furnace, Batman could always rely on technology to help him pull off an unlikely escape. That is if he... could... just... reach... his... utility belt, of course. Batman: Arkham City 'If this is a consular ship, then where is the …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Adam Azarchs
    Flame

I'd probably buy it if it didn't use SecuROM.

2. James Melody
    Paris Hilton

WHY?

Do El Reg keep on reviewing games on inferior console versions rather than the PC versions?

Surely it is better to review a game at its best?

Paris, as she probably has an X-Station-Box

1. bluesxman
      FAIL

RE: WHY?

As they repeatedly state, they review the version they are sent by the publishers. Perhaps you'd like to buy them a copy of the PC version to review on your behalf?

2. James Melody

No need for the downvote

Have a look at the video below for some of the goodness only in the PC version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=9_UNRp7Wrog

3. Youngdog

I for one....

...will definitely be checking this. Made me think if a joke.

Bloke goes for a job interview and it's going really well - then the interviewer asks him what he thinks his biggest weakness is. Bloke says "well I often have trouble with reality you know? Being able to tell whats real and what is just idle daydreams or delusional fantasy". "Hmmm, very interesting" replied the interviewer "and what about your strengths?"

"I'm Batman"

He he

1. Destroy All Monsters Silver badge
      Devil

Wouldn't "I'm The Joker" be more apposite?

Then he could do something heinous to the interviewer without encurring moral approbium, too.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Arkham Asylum was boring

Very little variation in game play so it got repetitive and boring. If it was the best super hero game ever then it says a lot about the quality of the others.

And if this is more of the same then I'll be avoiding it!

5. Stuart Halliday
    Happy

Can't beat Half-Life...

6. MJI Silver badge

Superhero

How does it compare to the Imfamous series then?

1. Bailey
      Thumb Up

Better than Infamous/Infamous 2

Better storyline, better gadgets/powers, better scripting/voice acting.

Doesn't quite match Infamous 2 graphically, but still close.

Even better than Prototype, but I can't wait to see what Radical Entertainment does with Prototype 2 next year.

1. MJI Silver badge

Thanks - sounds good

Just that Infamous 2 was touted as the last great superhero game.

I don't have it but have my free copy of Infamous.

1. Bailey

Infamous

Not by me, it wasn't... http://www.reghardware.com/2011/06/18/games_review_infamous_2/ ;o)

I got the free copy of Infamous after the PSN hack debacle and it's well worth a playthrough, but doesn't come close to Prototype IMHO.

7. jai

bestr superhero game ever?

I have to concur.

But then, having spent every waking hour over the weekend playing the game, that's not surprising. And I'm not finished either. There's so much gameplay in there. Endless replayability too. Graphics look good. Storyline is okay. Appearances by tons of the major villains. And just difficult enough to stop it being boring, but at no point impossible and off-putting.

Thoroughly entertaining. What more can you want from a game? These days it seems many games focus too hard on the graphics or the gimmicks, and forget to make the game fun and enjoyable too. That's not a failing of Arkham City.

This topic is closed for new posts.

Other stories you might like