HP's chief technical officer, Shane Robison, is out. Robison, an EVP as well as HP's CTO, and member of HP's executive council, will leave on 1 November, having spent 11 years at HP. He will not be replaced: HP CEO Meg Whitman appears to be pulling strategy, research and development closer to HP's portfolio of businesses. The …
Robsion came with Compaq, and the only thing he did within hp was to create an hp-branded Apple ipod..
One Compaqter less to be annoyed about.
Good Job Meg!
If you want to, I can give you the names of some other candidates we should get rid of.
More to come as Mystic Meg makes magic numbers
And in Robison's case, well money doesn't make you happy, but it helps:
Where did I go wrong?
So what happens to WebOS, which was pushed out to Robison's department?
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- It's true, the START MENU is coming BACK to Windows 8, hiss sources
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- Microsoft: Don't listen to 4chan ... especially the bit about bricking Xbox Ones
- FreeBSD abandoning hardware randomness