Google is overhauling its neglected web and news aggregating tool Reader, unsurprisingly to bring it more into line with the company's newfound love for all things social. This also means that Reader will soon be wrapped in Google+, er, goo. It's getting a new design, noted Google software engineer Alan Green in a blog post …
I've been waiting for the new design to reach Reader but the only change I've noticed lately is that Reader no longer features in the bar at the top of google pages. That's really annoying when I use reader as much as I do. I hope they give it an API too.
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Review Tough Banana Pi: a Raspberry Pi for colour-blind diehards
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'