back to article Ubuntu daddy bets on desktop polish, ARM clouds

Ubuntu fans are being coaxed into accepting a new emphasis on design in the next desktop release and breaking the umbilical link to old server hardware for the cloud. Ubuntu founder Mark Shuttleworth has judged that "the nail-biting transitions to Unity and GNOME 3 are behind us" and that Ubuntu 12.04 LTS – due in April next …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Thumb Up

The switch to Unity is...

...certainly a "Jumped the Shark" moment. Time to try Mint. Thumbs up in honor of Arthur Herbert Fonzarelli, who was the FIRST to Jump the Shark! Aaaaaaaay!

Thumb Down

Jumping the shark?

I dislike unity so much I've jumped ship to mint.

Linux

Ubuntu

At first I hated 11-10. I put it on one of my machines one night and was discouraged by everything. Then the next day, I put it on a virtual machine and played with it a bit. I got it working the way I want. I put synaptic on it and changed to software sources a bit. I finally got my Debian packages to install. It is livable. On the other hand, the desk top is still as irritating as can be.

Unhappy

The gentleman

doth my-way-or-the-highway too much, methinks. It would seem that allowing users to tweak their desktops as suits them no longer constitutes a part of his «vision». Sad...

Henri

This topic is closed for new posts.

Forums