Only weeks after announcing that it is going to create its own Hadoop distribution running atop its own Berkeley DB NoSQL database, Oracle has snapped up Endeca Technologies, which has cooked up a data store called the MDEX Engine and some analytics and e-commerce front ends to it that Ellison & Co. want to weave into their own …
Guess they don't need Autonomy's help now!
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- Reddit users discover iOS malware threat
- Pics R.I.P. LADEE: Probe smashes into lunar surface at 3,600mph
- Ex–Apple CEO John Sculley: Ousting Steve Jobs 'was a mistake'