Only weeks after announcing that it is going to create its own Hadoop distribution running atop its own Berkeley DB NoSQL database, Oracle has snapped up Endeca Technologies, which has cooked up a data store called the MDEX Engine and some analytics and e-commerce front ends to it that Ellison & Co. want to weave into their own …
Guess they don't need Autonomy's help now!
- DAYS from end of life as we know it: Boffins tell of solar storm near-miss
- Put down that Oracle database patch: It could cost $23,000 per CPU
- The END of the FONDLESLAB KINGS? Apple and Samsung have reason to FEAR
- Pics It's Google HQ - the British one: Reg man snaps covert shots INSIDE London offices
- Bose says today IS F*** With Dre Day: Beats sued in patent battle