Early reports that deposed Libyan dictator Muammar Gaddafi may have died after being injured during the fall of his home town of Sirte are likely to become a theme of cybercrime attacks, if past experience is anything to go by. The execution of Saddam Hussein in 2005 as well as the supposed capture of Osama Bin Laden later the …
but not quick enough.......
The 419 scams are already here
'Finally, 419 advance fee frauds featuring rewards beyond the dreams of avarice in exchange for help in siphoning Gaddafi's millions out of Libya..'
Got one the other day from Miss Rose Carman, single, from Libya, one of the rare Christian Libyans loyal to Gaddafi, holed up in Benin, with $48.5m and 500 kilos of gold that she needs shifting, by me, her trusted friend.
I have no doubt that there were many other trusted friends on the bcc list and the scarey thing is the probability that one of them will respond, but you have to admire their agility in adapting to world news.
We expect it - I've not seen one yet but there ought to be several out already.
Yoiu'd have thought that by now thing like the Which? guide to computing would have advice such as "Just don't fucking click on it, twat!"
Maybe I'm just a prude...
Maybe I'm just a prude, but I really can't understand why anyone would want to see someone being executed or pictures of a shot up bloodied dead human, be they a former dictator or not.
Anyone who gets hacked or gets malware through a scam promising these sort of images deserves all they get, in my opinion.
I alway enjoy good English humour
"At least in the case of Gaddafi, fake donation website scams are unlikely to appear and still less likely to pull in any victims."
Did anyone think that the local people would provide Tea and Biscuits for Mr Gaddafi when they found him? I thought not!
"They posed for photos, flashing victory signs, and burst into jubilant cries of "God is great.""
You know, I didn't want to be biased toward muslims, I event have my copy of Koran, although with my half-bleached dried vomit upon it from the days I drank too much vodka (10 years ago or more), but I can't believe:
1. in G-d altogether, in any form (Jewish, Christian, or old-testament-rip-off-Allah, worse than cheap IBM PC clones of the day, or cheap Chinese iClones, fuck you stupid muslims)
2. even if G-d existed, that he'd give any attention to those Lybian animals (great unwashed) that killed Gaddafi in unfair fight
- Product round-up Ten excellent FREE PC apps to brighten your Windows
- Analysis Pity the poor Windows developer: The tools for desktop development are in disarray
- Chromecast video on UK, Euro TVs hertz so badly it makes us judder – but Google 'won't fix'
- Product round-up Ten Mac freeware apps for your new Apple baby
- Product round-up The Glorious Resolution: Feast your eyes on 5 HiDPI laptops