back to article Tearful skin-beaters say good bye to the BumChum

If you're a veteran tub thumper and haven't secured your own BumChum, you're too late, with 2010's product of the year superseded by the much less interesting sounding BC Gigster. jr_robinson_plays_with_bumchum Session drummer JR Robinson likes playing with it... The launch of the BumChum last year left drummers excited by …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
  1. Thomas 4

Fascinating

I use bone conduction daily as part of my job as an audiologist - a small transducer placed behind the ear to check for conductive hearing losses. So if I understand this correctly, the BumChum sends vibro-tactile via the base of the spine?

1. hplasm
      Happy

In short-

"Up yer Bum!"

2. Elmer Phud
    FAIL

El Reg failed again?

you missed out on 'enhancing the bottom frequencies' and it's not even after pub'o'clock.

1. diodesign (Written by Reg staff) Silver badge

Re: El Reg failed again?

Maybe the problem is that it's not after pub o'clock. Duly noted.

3. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

BumChum?

Over here, that's code for pillow biter.

1. Anonymous Coward
      Holmes

yes

and that's the premise for the entire article. I seriously doubt whether ElReg's Bootnotes would be interested in this product if it had a name without a homosexual slang connotation.

I'm waiting for similar features on the new FlyMo Uphill Gardener and the just announced Ford RS Bandit.

There's also bound to be interest in Thornton's recent recruitment drive for Christmas - apparently, they need more fudge packers

2. NogginTheNog
      Facepalm

No shit etc.

I believe P&D are a UK based company, and so know full well what the 'BumChum' means ;-)

3. hplasm
      Happy

No!

I'm not coming over there! You have me mistaken for a pillow biter...

1. NogginTheNog
        Pint

So?

I'm not sure where you're coming from, but 'over here' homosexuals are as welcome as anyone else.

4. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

"Oh, and in case you're wondering the BC stands for ... it's bone conduction."

wondering *what* the BC stands for

5. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

throne?

Over doing it on the description surely. That's a stool, isn't it?

Perhaps that's why they dropped the BumChum name. If drummer's can't bring themselves to use the "s" word, perhaps all references to one's excretionary parts are off limits.

6. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

Bone Conduction heheh

Paris might know something about conducting a bone or two. But as I'm posting Anon I don't get that choice of icons?

7. Anonymous Coward
    Anonymous Coward

I've read the article twice and I still have no idea what it actually does.

And I've been known to play drums in the past...

Is it just a replacement for the drummer's foldback speaker?

8. unitron
    Paris Hilton

There's another alternative

Since this sounded like the kind of job for which the onstage versions of ButtKickers were designed I went a-Googling and found that they've partnered with Pearl Drums to produce the, I kid you not, Throne Thumper.

http://www.pearldrum.com/Products/Electronic-Drums/Throne-Thumper.aspx

Hey, she's probably had hers thumped a time or two, right?

9. Graham Bartlett

@AC

Sort of, except only for bass frequencies. So a click track (or the bass guitar, or the kick drum) jolts your backside.

PS. Thanks engmatix - I'd not heard "uphill gardener" before...

10. Glenn Charles
    Paris Hilton

Still a question I have.

Which bone?

This topic is closed for new posts.