Asus' Eee PC Slider - described by the company as a tablet, but really a hybrid device - goes on sale in the UK next week. First demo'd way back in March 2011 - we tried it out back then - the Slider is a 10.1in, 1280 x 800 screen on the back of which Asus has built a slide-forward base unit, complete with Qwerty keyboard. Asus …
So after decades of trying to protect the screen from damage,
... now it's the keyboard that's safely tucked away?
Why not have the sliding mechanism inverted, and have more like a clamshell? Ah, no, I see where I'm wrong.
...looking piece of kit. Like the dual fuctionality (laptop/tablet)
Would love to buy one but just can't afford the price.
May have to sell my soul, kidney, body, eldest child, wife* to be able to afford one.
* delete as applicable.
Beer because it's Friday.
Looks good, what kind of battery life can we expect?
I love the concept and the design. The way forward?
- Xmas Round-up Ten top tech toys to interface with a techie’s Christmas stocking
- Google embiggens its fat vid pipe Chromecast with TEN new supported apps
- NSFW Oz couple get jiggy in pharmacy in 'banned' condom ad
- Exploits no more! Firefox 26 blocks all Java plugins by default
- Review Hey Linux newbie: If you've never had a taste, try perfect Petra ... mmm, smells like Mint 16