Dutch team Nuon recovered ground lost to Tokai on Day 4 of the World Solar Challenge, ending the day just 20km behind the race leader. The top two are now less than 500km away from the finish line in Adelaide. Tokai and Nuon are equally capable of driving at South Australia's 110km speed limit, but strong sidewinds today seem …
The city of churches and shallow bush graves.
bushfire my buttocks!
Admit it, we know what chain smokers you are on the team from Blighty, admit you've been tossing lit fags out your car's window in an attempt to stymie the competition!
Re: bushfire my buttocks!
Plausible, but I am not a smoker.
Crosswinds for Nuna
Looks like the Nuna 6 crosswind optimization (a feature of all Nunas - 1-6) is paying off - they are now less than 20km behind Tokai.
"Barring a miracle or something equally spectacular the final results will be a repeat of 2009"
With such a small difference the race might be a bit early to call... After all, it ain't over till the sun sets down...
I was about to ask WTF a "pokie" is. Then I got Google to tell me instead. Apparently it's a slot machine.
I misread that ...
And thought it was "porkies".
I was wondering whether or not the contestents were swapping stories about how far they got blown off the road by the road trains ...
The Woomera Prohibited Zone
Could anywhere sound more ominous?
Other than Middlesborough.
- Opportunity selfie: Martian winds have given the spunky ol' rover a spring cleaning
- Spanish village called 'Kill the Jews' mulls rebranding exercise
- NASA finds first Earth-sized planet in a habitable zone around star
- New Facebook phone app allows you to stalk your mates
- Battle of the Linux clouds! Linode DOUBLES RAM to take on Digital Ocean