Feeds

back to article IBM fails to keep Oz harassment case under wraps

Australia’s Federal Court has ruled against an attempt by IBM to suppress the details of a sexual harassment case against it. As a result, the accusations by Susan Spiteri, a former sales executive at Big Blue, that she was subject to two years of harassment by her supervisor will play out in public. According to documents …

COMMENTS

This topic is closed for new posts.
Silver badge

Photos or it didn't happen.

Anonymous Coward

I've seen it happen

I worked for IBM in Australia and I've seen it happen, not to Susan but to people in the delivery side.

Bronze badge
FAIL

yeah, right

Sock it to them. Big companies have been getting away with this for years and treating it like it's nothing.

Stop

I notice that nowhere in the article did it state that she made the HR department of IBM aware of the issue. Did she inform them and they ignored her? The article states that the manager is no longer with the company... why is he no longer with IBM? Did they fire him because of sexual harassment?

Yes, I know they hired the manager but should they be sued if she didn't let HR know about the abuse going on? Should IBM be the primary defendant and not the manager who was abusing his employees?

I'm thinking that this article isn't quite complete and more details should have been provided.

Meh

OZ harassment case against IBM

The only material question is if IBM did fire the guy and why.

If it was for harassment then its important to the accuser.

To be fair to IBM (at least in the US) the people are really protected well from these types of people who shouldn't ever have gotten promoted to a supervisory position in the first place.

One word to the correct people the guy would have been either gone the same day or soon their after. If its a close call then the guy (or woman) would have been moved out of the direct line of supervision quickly.

This topic is closed for new posts.