Networking giant Cisco Systems has been under attack for the past several years, and the company gearing up its high-end, converged Nexus switches to defend its data-center turf from encroachment by HP, Dell, Arista Networks, Juniper Networks, Brocade Communications, and others. Picking up the offensive pace and doing better …
Stuff the high end servers...
... we want Consumer 10Gbps now.
I'd be happy to get 8Mbps
through the twisted bit of string connecting me to the exchange!
2gbps is available
A lot of motherboards come with 2x1gbps which can be bonded together. You need a switch that can support etherchannel though.
What on earth are you moving that requires 10gbps? I can't think of anything that a home user would need that much bandwidth for unless they were hosting their own data centre out of their loft.
Funny how Force 10 isn't listed...
I suspect we'll see their kit bundled with Compellent and high-end 10GbE EqualLogic arrays shortly, and their market share to increase.
Who knows, maybe they'll give everyone else a chance to catch up to them.
- Top Gear Tigers and Bingo Boilers: Farewell then, Phones4U
- Breaking Fad 4K-ing excellent TV is on its way ... in its own sweet time, natch
- Updated iOS 8 Healthkit gets a bug SO Apple KILLS it. That's real healthcare!
- First Irish boy band U2. Now Apple pushes ANOTHER thing into iPhones, iPods, iPads
- Stephen Pie iPhone 6: Most exquisite MOBILE? NO, it's the Most Exquisite THING. EVER