Another slap on the wrist for Virgin Media from the Advertising Standards Authority: the ISP was today told not to claim its 50Mb/s broadband package is the "best for online gaming". To be fair, Virgin responded to the ASA's investigation into complaints received about an advertising feature in the June issue of PC Gaming by …
Seeing how badly they throttle Akamai PSN download mirrors...
Best for gaming my ass....
Although to be fair, many UK ISP's do the same (and punters think it's PSN that's slow), however they don't shout from the rooftops that they are the best choice for gamers.
I pay for 10Mb/s and get on average around 2Mb/s. A few days ago SpeedTest gave me a reading of 0.09Mb/s. I know it's "up to" but Jesus Effing Christ.
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Pics Facebook's Oculus unveils 360-degree VR head tracking 'Crescent Bay' prototype
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- Bargain basement iPhone shoppers BEWARE! eBay exposes users to phishing vuln
- Google+ GOING, GOING ... ? Newbie Gmailers no longer forced into mandatory ID slurp