Another slap on the wrist for Virgin Media from the Advertising Standards Authority: the ISP was today told not to claim its 50Mb/s broadband package is the "best for online gaming". To be fair, Virgin responded to the ASA's investigation into complaints received about an advertising feature in the June issue of PC Gaming by …
Seeing how badly they throttle Akamai PSN download mirrors...
Best for gaming my ass....
Although to be fair, many UK ISP's do the same (and punters think it's PSN that's slow), however they don't shout from the rooftops that they are the best choice for gamers.
I pay for 10Mb/s and get on average around 2Mb/s. A few days ago SpeedTest gave me a reading of 0.09Mb/s. I know it's "up to" but Jesus Effing Christ.
- YARR! Pirates walk the plank: DMCA magnets sink in Google results
- Pics Whisper tracks its users. So we tracked down its LA office. This is what happened next
- Review Xperia Z3: Crikey, Sony – ANOTHER flagship phondleslab?
- OnePlus One cut-price Android phone on sale to all... for 1 HOUR
- Ex-US Navy fighter pilot MIT prof: Drones beat humans - I should know