Another slap on the wrist for Virgin Media from the Advertising Standards Authority: the ISP was today told not to claim its 50Mb/s broadband package is the "best for online gaming". To be fair, Virgin responded to the ASA's investigation into complaints received about an advertising feature in the June issue of PC Gaming by …
Seeing how badly they throttle Akamai PSN download mirrors...
Best for gaming my ass....
Although to be fair, many UK ISP's do the same (and punters think it's PSN that's slow), however they don't shout from the rooftops that they are the best choice for gamers.
I pay for 10Mb/s and get on average around 2Mb/s. A few days ago SpeedTest gave me a reading of 0.09Mb/s. I know it's "up to" but Jesus Effing Christ.
- Vid Hubble 'scope snaps 200,000-ton chunky crumble conundrum
- Bugger the jetpack, where's my 21st-century Psion?
- Windows 8.1 Update 1 spewed online a MONTH early – by Microsoft
- Google offers up its own Googlers in cloud channel chumship trawl
- Something for the Weekend, Sir? Why can’t I walk past Maplin without buying stuff I don’t need?