Hot potato techie Mark Papermaster has been chosen by Advanced Micro Devices to be its new chief technology officer. The appointment lays to rest speculation on who will be drawing up the company's processor and systems roadmap as the chip maker tries to hang in there against goliath Intel and a slew of ARM upstarts. Papermaster …
Hope that Papermaster can get/keep AMD competitive for all the zero-profit OEMs' sake. Now that Intel can't give kickbacks to Dell and others, with impunity, AMD can hopefully get into more PC designs...we'll see.
(On a sidenote, I'm sure he has some reminiscences about Steve Jobs that he'll probably never want to recount in public.)
They just can't get away from IBM. They might as well ask IBM for all their old chip staff, patents and designs and spawn a proper offshoot.
- 'Kim Kardashian snaps naked selfies with a BLACKBERRY'. *Twitterati gasps*
- Review Apple iPhone 6: Looking good, slim. How about... oh, your battery died
- Crawling from the Wreckage THE DEATH OF ECONOMICS: Aircraft design vs flat-lining financial models
- +Comment EMC, HP blockbuster 'merger' shocker comes a cropper
- Moon landing was real and WE CAN PROVE IT, says Nvidia